Combine:
2 cups strawberries (mashed or blended) We started out by mashing them with a potato masher and then pulsing them a bit, I hate big blobs of strawberries.
4 cups sugar
2 cups strawberries (mashed or blended) We started out by mashing them with a potato masher and then pulsing them a bit, I hate big blobs of strawberries.
4 cups sugar
*Stir together and let sit for 10 minutes.
Bring to a boil:
3/4 cup water
1 package Sure-Jell (stir while boiling one minute)
*Add the Sure-Jell mixture to the strawberries and stir for 3 minutes.
Pour into containers, put on lids, and let sit out for 24 hours. Then freeze.
This is my favorite thing my Grandma J use to make for us. I called her one year to get her "recipe" and she laughed at me and told me "whatever is on the inside of the Sure-Jell box!" So thanks for Grandma J in inspiring me to try this and for all the great memories it holds!
2 comments:
I like big blobs of strawberries : )
That's funny, she said the same thing to me, I actually made it for the first time a few weeks ago, aside from the few minor burns on my arms from the jam bubbling to high it turned out pretty good!
Post a Comment