Saturday, April 5, 2008

Funeral Potatoes, aka Cheesy Potatoes

I have always know this recipe as the "Funeral Potato Recipe", but as I once referenced it as such I was given some weird looks, so I guess not everyone (even in the Mormon culture) refer to it as that!

1/2 cup Butter- room temperature
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (COLBY JACK by Kraft, The right cheese makes a difference!)
1 1/2 bag frozen hash browns- thawed
1 pt Sour cream

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Put them in a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

This is our favorite recipe, we don't like a ton of cheese, which you can always add more if you want on the top of it, and other recipes call for an onion, but we prefer without. It is super easy and the yummiest side dish ever! Thanks Mom for this!

No comments: