Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sandwiches

Just a way to jazz up that normal hum drum sandwich. Sandwiches for lunch are a staple for me everyday, but especially on the weekend (or Sunday really) for Jeff and I. So just sharing the yummy way I made it this weekend, if you like Quizno's you will probably like this.

I was at the local Fresh N' Easy and discovered they have Ciabatta rolls there. So I got them and some other fixin's for sandwiches for us. Jeff had the Smoked Turkey and Provolone, I stick with Ham and cheese, but no cheese (plain I know!)

Cut the Ciabatta rolls in half. On one half put your cheese and meat. Then stick both half's on a cookie sheet and stick under the broiler in your oven. Watch so it doesn't burn, but give the top bun a nice toasting and the meat on the other side as well . Pull out and put on whatever toppings you want. It was super easy and yummy.

**Eta- Fry's and some Walmarts now have ciabatta bread. I will usually look for it on sale, just picked up a bunch from Fry's for 99 cents for 4 and then freeze them.

No comments: