Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brownie, Strawberry Trifle

K this recipe I kinda just winged but here is what I did:

2 boxes of brownie mix, mixed and baked (you probably won't need all of these for the dessert, but better safe than sorry). Once you have baked, and they have cooled, cut into bite size pieces.

Strawberries (I used 2 pts.), washed, sliced and sprinkled with a little sugar.
Chocolate Sauce
Whipped Cream *check bottom of post for this recipe*

In a trifle bowl I took my bite sized brownie pieces and put a layer across the bottom, then a layer of strawberries, sprayed on some Chocolate Sauce, then a layer of whipped cream. Then start the process all over, top with the rest of the whipped cream and if you have strawberries left decorate the top. Keep refrigerated until you serve.

Home made whipped cream: (I did a double batch)
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Put ingredients in a bowl and beat on medium until stiff peaks start to form (this will take a good 5 minutes or so), refrigerate until you use. (makes 2 cups of whipped cream).

No comments: