I got this recipe from a copy cat website and it tastes just the same, although the cheeses can be a bit expensive, BUT you can freeze them to make them last, just make sure you freeze them in the amount you need them for this recipe. This is Jeff's favorite dish out and so I made it for our anniversary one year.
1/2 Tbs Garlic Puree
1 cup Butter
1 qt. heavy whipping cream
4oz of whole or 2% milk
1/2 a pound of Parmesan Cheese (fresh if possible)
2 oz of Fontina cheese (found in the specialty cheese area)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp of Pepper
In a saucepan brown Garlic Puree in some of the butter, add rest of butter and melt. Then add the Heavy Cream, milk, both cheeses, and salt and pepper. Stir on Med/High until cheeses melt and sauce starts to thicken (about 10 minutes). Turn heat to low and continue to stir occasionally, sauce will thicken more over the next 10 minutes or so. As it is simmering I like to add some steamed broccoli and cooked shrimp or chicken and then serve over fettuccine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is my all time favorite meal to eat out too!! I'll have to try this one. I have tried a couple of different versions and they never taste the same.
Post a Comment