Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baked Ziti

Thanks Andrea for this recipe! It was a HUGE hit at our house. WARNING, it makes a TON, it will easily feed my family of 4 for 3 meals and then probably Jeff and I for another meal. Next time I will half it I think.

Baked Ziti
1 lb Ziti or Penne pasta
1 lb. ground beef (I used about 2/3's lb.)
1/2 onion- chopped
1 big Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (I used Ragu's Tomato, Garlic and Onion and got the big Jar from Walmart)
6 slices of provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream (I only used about 1/2 cup)
1-2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.

Brown beef with onion until cooked, drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

In 9x13 deep baking dish, spray with non-stick spray. Layer in this order: 1/2 cooked pasta, 6 slices of provolone, sour cream (spread across the whole layer), 1/2 meat sauce, rest of pasta, Mozzarella cheese, rest of meat sauce, then top with some Parmesan cheese. Pan will be full! I put a baking sheet underneath to catch any boil over.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.

*The boys absolutely loved this meal! Jeff's only request was to maybe leave out the "ricotta" cheese next time, he meant the sour cream but shhh we won't tell him it was really sour cream, he hates the stuff!

1 comment:

CassiB said...

what's his deal? doesn't like sour cream or cream cheese! i'll admit i don't like them by themselves but mixed into something. this sounds yum!